An opportunity to delve into the art of different countries and periods over four sessions with special guest lecturer Adrienne Oddey and Marie-Anne Mancio.
1. Ancient Greece From the Bronze Age figurines of the Cyclades to the Hellenistic world of Alexander the Great, including the Parthenon Marbles and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus.
2. Modern Art of America Explore the artists whose work was made in the context of America of the 1900s to 1960s.
3. Early Britain From Stone Age artefacts through to the Anglo-Saxons, including the Romano-British Mildenhall Treasure and the Sutton Hoo ship burial.
4. Contemporary Global How are some of the most radical German, Russian, British etc. contemporary artists deploying figurative painting in a political way?
(Course fee includes entry to the exhibition at Whitechapel Gallery)
Art by Country
Exact meeting points will be sent to you nearer the time.
2 p.m. -4 p.m. on these dates:
1. Wednesday 22nd January (British Museum) Adrienne Oddey
2. Wednesday 29th January tbc likely Mayfair Marie-Anne Mancio
3. Wednesday 5th February (British Museum) Adrienne Oddey
4. Wednesday 12th February (Whitechapel Gallery) Marie-Anne Mancio